RE: Firewall

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Firewall
  • From: "Mark Hetherington (egroups)" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:29:20 +0100

> Just found this site : http://www.dslreports.com/scan/
it is a
> TCP UDP scanner - good to check your firewall

Quite limited scanning capbilities though although it does attempt an
interesting trojan attack. It does seem to arbitraily ignore some scanning.
Sheilds Up and LeakTest at http://www.grc.com seems more comprehensive
and
seems to have better reports together with instructions to fix problems it
finds.

One other thing is that since running this "test" I have been
inundated with
various port scans. I trust it is purely coincidence but definitely odd :)

Mark.