RE: Good news

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Good news
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:20:50 +0100

Hi Mark,

Use a black and white camera and then build an infra red source from lots
of
infra red LED's (I used 16 in a plastic box with big power resistors as the
LED's run about about 90mA each) and the picture you get at night looks
almost like a dull daytime view. Confused SWMBO as she was convinced that
the wee fella would see it... :o)  doh!!

Remote lighting is great but we got the bairn used to blacked out room from
the start so he would associate this as night time. Dimmed light is ideal
though for getting up in the middle of the night to feed and change them.
Thank god I am passed that now and never need to go through it
again........... actually, it aint that bad, only lasts for about 8-12
weeks
:o)

A bady monitor is a great idea and you are better off just buying one off
the shelf as they are allow you to site the reciever in any room. Just
remember not to slag off the mother in law when you are up in the bairns
room. :o)

Soothing music is a good idea to settle them at night. This would be good
control from the home automation as most stuff you buy switches off too
early and you need to go back and start it again.

Have fun
Dave...