Re: SCART weirdness

On Thursday 17 May 2001 22:26 pm, you wrote:
> Hi all,
> Recently joined the group and hoped someone here can offer some advice
on
> the following problem.
>
> I have recently moved my av gear into a cupboard putting it some
distance
> from my TV so I purchased 2 x 5m SCART leads. When anything is hooked
up to
> SCART 2 the picture is utter crap (like a badly tuned TV station), I
mean
> it's just not watchable, however if I use SCART 1 the picture is fine.
>
> If the picture was bad regardless which SCART socket was being used I
would
> put it down to using 5m leads but it's only SCART 2 that is a problem.

I have the same problem, with my gear under the TV, though if I plug my
Dreamcast into SCART2 I get nothing at all, other than a black screen.

Also, the sound quality on SCART2 is a lot worse than SCART1 (it would have
to be for me to notice it)

It's a Philliphs 32" wide screen TV, rented from Box Clever.

I'm going to get the TV exchanged for another (quoting the above problems
as
the reason) so I'm not that bothered, but it's interesting that someone has
the same problem.