RE: Collaborative HA Projects

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Collaborative HA Projects
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:46:07 +0100

Andy,

On the premise you are talkng XML and you didnt mean to include the
<duck>
then you are good to go ;-)

Of course I might be presuming a lot there ;-)

I am also interested in working on something like this.  I am as most of
you
have guessed a unix admin so definitely more of a software guy.  I agree
with Dr John that we should move this conversation to habuy though or maybe
another off-shoot list.

Would I be right in thinking that everyone is talking bus type systems
rather than x10?  I think between us and given the great skill sets on here
we could knock together something quite nice.

Still tempted with 1-wire buses though to provide state from light switches
and other devices.  The biggest issue I guess is when you start playing
with
electricity we would need CE compliance.  Am I right? and if so has anyone
had experience in this area?

Thanks
Kieran

p/s As an aside Mr Oliver pointed me to the systronix website today where
they started an intiative to use XML to map the bus.  Although they havent
done much by the look of things I think its an interesting way of
registering and keeping track of items on the bus (irrelevant of what type
of bus you are describing)