RE: Homevision - one more time...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision - one more time...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:06:48 +0100

The question is though ... why are the IR receivers (in general - not a dig
at LetsAutomate who are pretty good for pricing and I have great respect
for
them and their service) so expensive though? I mean, Ian's IR receiver is
no
more than a few quid to build. What makes a 10 way IR distribution amp
worth - what - £80?

Phil

but
> just say one attached to each piece of kit rather than a single
> emitter. Can
> HV power multiple IR emitters directly or do you need to run an IR
> distribution amp? To clarify things I wanted to strap emitters to
> my IR543,
> my VCR, DVD, LD, video scaler, projector and amplifier which is seven
> emitters but I never knew whether the HV could drive seven (all with
the
> same signal, not zoned) on it's own.
>
> Now I just need to rig up a multi channel IR sender with a single
receiver
> ... which I also don't quite know how to implement but I know that the
IR
> receivers on LetsAutomate are *HORRENDOUSLY* expensive! (I think
> this is one
> for Ian Birds IR PCBs!)
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

REALLY
> > > simply my soldering skills would make an /untrained/ monkey
> > look skilled.
> >
> > http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/tutorials/ir_emitter.htm
obviously

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/