Linux Server for DDAR

Guys,

I received an email from the guys at empeg last night providing me with a
couple of URLs detailing how to run a DDAR with linux as the server.  There
are two project pages I have included below but the first seems to be the
more complete product.  Its interesting to note that the dell software is
in
actual fact part dhcp server, web server and nfs server - all tools easily
available on the average linux box ;-)

Anyway i'll leave you with the URLs.  If anyone has one of these devices
already and wants to try this stuff out then it would be great to find out
how you got on.

http://www.mock.com/receiver/

and

http://das.sourceforge.net/

Thanks
Kieran

p/s Included on the first link is an updated kernel image to operate the
line output with the volume control.  This can also be added to a windows
server install and there are instructions available.  If you need a linux
box for the tar operation I can make the change for you.