RE: Avstar

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Avstar
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:26:37 +0100

ASFAIK yes.

I had a similar arrangement, although very Heath Robinson, in my last house
using CAT 5 for AV distribution from point to point and it did work
although
there was signal loss - the very reason for Keith's KAT5. Your two problems
are IR distribution and source switching, both of which are easily overcome
particularly if you have extra CAT 5 installed - just a pain in the ass at
times.

Don't start packing just yet there is almost always another way ;o)

K.