RE: Re: DDAR Servers

John,

Below is a segment of the email I was refering to.  Someone has asked if
there is a port of Linux for the ep7212.

hope this helps.

kieran

---8<---
We have a port, which will shortly be released - ie when the hardware is
released (the Rio Receiver/Dell audio receiver run linux & our player
code
on a 7212).

It's got various useful bits, such as an audio driver, dhcp client (well,
enough of one to reside in kernel), consumer ir driver, light keyboard
matrix/rotary control driver & so on. We use the same toolchain for the
(SA-based) empeg-car, you just use different compile options to specify the
specific arm variant. The production hardware doesn't use segmented
physical

ram, though there are some vestiges of the segmented ram code from the 7110
port that it was based on still in-kernel.

It's also got various double-booting code in so that it can dhcp boot, load
a new kernel & network driver module over NFS and reboot into it
preserving
the ip configuration, etc.

Hugo
empeg