RE: Re: Bit the bullet...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Bit the bullet...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:23:44 +0100

I had already tried the satellite based option ... it was some time ago so
download speeds were OK but again, using a modem for upload was abysmal and
was just too asymetric to work for me.

Phil

currently the cost is 262 Euros
> for the pack allowing access and the necessary card (this includes the
50
> Euro deposit on the card) and equates to £156 approx when converted.
This

<phillip.harris1@v...> wrote:
> > > I completely agree with your dislike of HH from the
standpoint of
> > cost and
> > > coming from a house where I had a cablemodem before then I
am
> > really feeling
> > > the pinch however for me the deal was worthwhile.
> > >
> > > At the moment we have one phone line and I am tying it up
all the
> > time. For
> > > £39.99 (not £45.98) we get the second line (worth - say -
£10), I
> > get my
> > > 6pm - 8am and weekends internet access (worth £15) and £7
worth of
> > calls
> > > lobbed in, this is in addition to our single line as well.
> > >
> > > I considered the "all local calls inclusive"
package but I make few
> > local
> > > calls ... my family are 300 miles away and my partners
family are
> > in the
> > > next village and we see then every day. All our friends are
further
> > out than
> > > woul be counted as a local call and so this just wasn't of
use to
> > us.
> > >
> > > When HH was £49.95 a month *PLUS* calls *PLUS* ISP service
then it
> > was
> > > horrendously overpriced ... this is actually quite a
reasonable
> > deal now.
> > > Sure ... if I hear from my mate at NTL that they've managed
> > piggyback
> > > digital services onto the crappy old Cable and Wireless
network and
> > will be
> > > offering cablemodem service for £20 a month then I'll be
beating a
> > path to
> > > their door but untill then (given that I have more chance of
> > winning Miss
> > > World than getting ADSL which I also think is a bit
overpriced at
> > the moment
> > > compared with cablemodems) in the current round of
evalations then
> > the HH
> > > deal is best for me ... especially given that I don't
currently
> > have the
> > > luxury of the clean data streams that you get from your
analogue
> > modem.
> > > Remember it's a combination of the data rates and dialup
times that
> > have
> > > prompted me to make this choice in the first place.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Phil

£19.99 a month
> > with ALL