Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:03:02 -0000

> > Obviously I shall want to experimanet with my new toy for a while
> > once I get it, but I am very seriously considering making it a
semi-
> > permanent bedside controller, mounted onto the side of my bedside
>
>Just my 2p, but what's with this idea of taking a lovely lightweight
>portable device, and screwing it to a fixed position? The e*** is at
>it's very best when used with a wire**** L*N so you can have it
>available in every room in the house - works out cheaper and a fair
>bit easier than sticking a touchscreen flat panel to the wall in
>every room...

Well, I can obviously see that, but I definately won't be getting wireless
LAN for a little while longer yet. I have 100MB wired ethernet going to
every room currently, and already have internet access in most of the rooms
that I need it in (bar the master bedroom). Plus it will only be
semi-permanent (velcro maybe?). But at least as long as I am restricted to
wired connection, I probably won't be moving it around too much - probably
really only use it in 3 rooms initially.

>And if think a wire**** L*N is expensive, don't worry - it's one of
>the better purchases you can make in terms of WAF... Transformed our
>laptop...

You don't know my other half! ;-) - ANY HA purchase is difficult when she
want a new £10K kitchen!

Paul G.