Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 21:37:51 -0000

>I use the "Palm amp"  ( http://www.winamp.com/customize/detail.jhtml?
>componentId=195 ) plugin with a Palm M100 PDA for remote control.

I've got a palm III, and played with omniremote some time ago, but I've
found that the IR power of the Palm III is a bit pants. As I don't
currently
use it for much else, I'd be happy to press it into service as a remote,
but
I fear it wont have the range to span the bedroom...

Hmmm.... Thinks....   I've got a veritable drawer-full of learning IR
remotes... (You wouldn't believe how many I've tried over the years, right
back to a Memorex CP-8 that I bought in 1987)

>With M100's @ just over £100 now, it's a pretty viable option, I
>think.

With all the remotes I've already got stashed away, there's little or no
chance of purchasing M100's to add to the pile. (I haven't yet told SWMBO
about the *POD I'm buying from Graham) - PS Graham, I'll mail you about
payment/collection shortly...

>It is possible to have more than 1 instance of winamp running, that
>point at different sound cards, so with even a "standard"
spec PC,
>with 2 sound cards, and 2 palm M100 you can have two zones of audio.

Two cards seems "reasonably" common, I've certainly seen
references to this
arrangement in various places, but what about four?

Still a little more thought required methinks.... ;-)

Paul G.