RE: My UN-automated Home :-(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: My UN-automated Home :-(
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:13:06 -0000

A PCG-C1F ... the battery life is sooo bad that booting it up from cold
gives me a battery level of about 60% remaining when the battery meter
software is loaded. If I have my LAN/Modem card in then battery life is
down
to about 10 minutes.

It has always been bad ... never better than 25 - 30 minutes if I boot on
mains and thenn pull the plug, maybe 40 if I got aggressive with the spin
down of the hard disc and processor slowdown and didn't do anything which
needed to spin the drive up again. The battery manager software says my
battery is in good condition and at full power (11.10v, 17.20Wh - same as
it's always been - and 173 charge cycles), however the battery manager
software also estimates my battery as having a "time to empty" of
2:45
(Which I assume is hrs and minutes - not minutes and seconds! *grin*).

I know it's a tiny PC and I love it for what it is - which to me is a
superbly portable email environment - but as a working machine ... well,
let's just say that the other VAIO's don't perform so badly off their
leads!

Do you know what size (physically) the hard disc in the PCG-C1F is? I'd
love
to get a bigger capacity hard disc in there if I could. 4 Gb is getting
cramped nowadays!

Cheers

Phil