RE: RE: [unhand] Re: DDAR - Sales tax

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: [unhand] Re: DDAR - Sales tax
  • From: "Roger Bilboul" <Bilboul@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:04:33 +0100

I will raise the issue with my US office and get their sales tax advice. I
think that as for exports only the supplier or registered reseller can
export directly - they do not seem to have the equivalent of taking
physical
possession of the goods in the country and reclaiming the tax at the point
of departure, like they do here in Europe. Furthermore, exporting these
particular goods is not permitted according to the documentation Dell sends
you and this has nothing to do with tax.

Roger