Re: Re: Homeseer Phone

At 19:19 19/06/01, you wrote:
>Darren/Justin/Anyone,
>
>Is it possible to use the meteor unit with HSP??
>
>Cheers
>
>Stuart

Stuart/Darren/Justin/Paul/Anyone else

Yep,

Rich (Homeseer programmer) added 2 functions for me that allows the CID in
HSP to be updated externally. I have a Perl script that monitors the Meteor
and passes the CID from the Meteor to HSP and it does this before the phone
rings :-)

If anyone wants a copy of the Perl script drop me an email of list and I'll
send you it but NOTE it's in Alpha so still needs lots of work doing on it.

I also have the Phone Switch but currently I'm not using it as the RING
from BT (external call) and the one the Switch generates (internal call)
are the same so HSP can not distinguish between the two (which is the
purpose of the Switch). Rich has said that he'll get the Switch's firmware
changed to fix this ring problem but it costs him money (switch was
made/designed by a 3rd party) so is hanging off until all problems are
found. If anyone is thinking of buying the switch contact Rich first and
ask when this will be fixed.

Vince