RE: Keeping Homebase in business....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Keeping Homebase in business....
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:59:58 +0100

>Which of the units did you get for £164? I assume it was the CoolFlow
7000?

You are correct sir, it is the Novum Clooflow 7000. They also had the 9000,
but that was priced up at £238, which SWMBO balked at a little bit, so I
decided to quite while I was ahead....

>That's not a bad unit but not very meaty ... I got a CoolFlow 9000 that
was
>priced up with the 7000 price sticker and no-one noticed and I find
that

You lucky ****er!  :-)

>where the similarly rated 9000BTU split unit will make our 26'x12'
living
>room almost chilly on a hotish day then the 9000BTU single unit will
only
>manage to do the same in Edwards room (about 13' x 12'). Thing is ...
at

This unit is intended for my loft, where after the conversion, there will
be
two velux roof windows on opposite sides of the roof, and possibly a fan as
well to move air between them if necessary. (I know loft's can get
hideously
hot, - I've been up in my brother-in-laws! I also plan to put an extractor
in one gable end wall, immediately adjacent to where the new Node 0
location
is going to be. Hopefully, with all that forced air movement going on
already, the ACU shouldn't have to work too hard just to lower the temp of
the air in the room by a couple of degrees, but I have to figure out where
to site the unit so I don't just lose all the cooled air straight outside
due that ventilation, as A/C systems are supposed to be closed to get the
optimum benefit.... However, I suspect that once I'e got all my kit up
there, I would need more than one of these to provide adequate cooling, so
think I will need to to remove some some of the hot air from the space by
other means, hence the plan to have an extractor right next to node 0.

>£164 I see them as being only twice the price of a decent fan and all
that
>does is move warm air around ... at least these do reduce the
temperature!

I bought a fan as well for the bedroom ceiling - £37.99 - no lights on it,
just a fan, all chrome & shiny! - lovely!

Paul G.