RE: FM transmitters

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: FM transmitters
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:22:09 +0100

Probably Not :-)

But if used *SENSIBLY* you are unlikely to get into trouble.

ie. A 50mW Transmitter tuned well away from existing broadcasts will distribute to your house and probably 1 or 2 either side. However a 50W transmitter and it will go for about 30 miles on a good day. When I was the station engineer for Coastal Radio 100.5FM ( RSL station) we were restricted by our license to 25W ERP. With no obstructions you could get a pretty good signal over 20 miles away.

Keith