RE: FM transmitters

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: FM transmitters
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:23:29 +0100

>Are these legal in the UK ??

Don't know, don't particularly care! - I just ordered one anyway, - I'm
hoping it's going to be better than the Scan carDAP thingie... - which I
tried out the other evening - I set it up on my laptop in the study playing
some MP3s... Perfect reception on the "hifi" in the same room....
Went into the back bedroom (about 30 feet away at most) & tried it on
the
hifi in there, - it was able to pick it up, but the signal was crap, - all
hiss & nasty noises....

I guess it realy is only meant for what it was designed for! - I will
probably use it in the car in that case! - the Veronica claims a range of
"up to 500 feet", so hopefully, even if that's massively
optimistic, I still
should be able to get reception throughout my house (which can't be more
than 100 feet from the furthest point of the front garden to the furthest
point of the back garden) - as the TX will be placed contrally in the house
(probably in the loft), no point in my house or garden will be more than
about 50 feet away from it...

Paul G.