RE: Top 20 Posters & Other UKHA Stats

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Top 20 Posters & Other UKHA Stats
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:52:50 +0100

The real problem is that I have been without contract since the end of
January so home 24 hours a day. Of course if I am home I need to check
email
every ten minutes so my router happily made the connection every ten
minutes
each day. My itemised phone bill is 105 pages! Orla was not pleased!
Fortunately the phone is a business expense as I work from home a lot, so I
can claim back the VAT and it does come out of pre-tax profits. But it is
not a mistake I ever want to make again and I certainly will be checking my
bill online in future. I will be sending a letter to BT though, asking them
why they didn't investigate this vastly different from normal phone usage,
at the very least they could have called to suggest adding the number to my
friends and family! The good news is that it looks like I may be starting a
new contract this week :) I am just trying not to think about what I could
have spent an extra grand on.

Graham