RE: Re: LD10 and "buzzing" fuse at the consumer unit

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: LD10 and "buzzing" fuse at the consumer unit
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:01:24 +0100

Rewireable  :-)

As opposed to Cartridge Type.

If your plumber simply replaced one with an MCB it could be a Wylex
consumer
unit. I believe B&Q stock bits for them.

Also, if you have very high wattage lamps but always run them quite dim,
try
lower wattage bulbs run at a higher level. That would change the firing
point of the triac and lessen the surge. eg 200W @ 40% ~ 100W @ 80%.

Loft insulation - squash it as much as possible. At one exhibition I go to
they have "Sound Bunkers" where high power sound systems are
demonstrated.
Pumping bass at around 120dB inside, outside it sounds like someone tapping
there fingers on the desk - barely audible. The walls appear to be two
sheets of perforated metal with fibreglass insulation highly compressed in
between. The walls are only 2" thick :-)

Keith