WAS : CCTV, now Compaq Proliant server

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: WAS : CCTV, now Compaq Proliant server
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 00:49:09 -0000

I've been eyeing that up,,,,fitted hundreds of them,,,1U,,,pain in=20
the backside, as the cabling is a nightmare when customer asks for 42=20
to be installed in one rack......ouch

If anyone is after a bargain,,,then this is a good deal....

1257441318 Proliant 6400R

It's in the US, but he'll do it for $1100 (=A3775) all in, inclusive=20
shipping.
Has no memory, cpus or hard drives....

but if anyone is after these things,,,i currently have 4 x 550Mhz 2Mb=20
XEONS with Voltage Regulator boards,,

and next week should be putting on ebay..

5 x 4.3Gig Hot Plug
12 x 9.1Gig 10k rpm Hot Plug
and between 4 and 8 18.3 Gig Hot Plug drives

might also be a Proliant U2 Storage subsystem, split backplane holds=20
13 1" drives, usually configured as 2 x 6 drives plus hot spare.
Used this on a desktop as well, not exculsive to a server.

also should have a Proliant 2500 up for sale soon...
dual pent pro 200, smart array card, 5 x 4.3Gig Hot Plug, 256mb,=20
additional scsi,,,,open to offers to good home,,,currently has win2k=20
advanced server installed

anyway, thats t days ebay summary,,,,,,,,lol

regards

geraint.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Brian G. Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:
> And as if by magic...........
> Found this..........=A3600 so far, an absolute bargain!
>=20
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D1259137248
>=20
> B.
I=20
will get
> the details, IE what comes with it, CPU (type and quantity) etc.
>     "Phil open eyes"
>=20
>     B.
Service.