RE: newbie help with IR-X10

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: newbie help with IR-X10
  • From: Craig Callander <craig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:54:23 -0500

PH>Also, make sure that there have been no other transmissions of house/unit codes between the house/unit code for the item that you want to control being issued from the Pronto and you hitting Dim/Bright as then the Dim/Bright command will go t the wrong device.

That may be it, I will unplug other X10 devices t eliminate a noisy device. BUT 'Home Control' RF remotes/mini timers work fine.

This may be my ignorance of X10,  the 7243AH does not 'buffer' the commands, eg if I send B - 3 - On, it will send the 'B' as soon as it receives the B, then send the 3 when it receives the '3', then send the On when it gets the On ??? Not as I assumed, it would buffer all three and send them as one string/command???

mmm..

So its best to get the delay as short as possible to avoid interference.

Maybe I will go about this a different way with an IR device on the PC to receive IR and send X10 via PC X10 device, that way ALL transmission will be from one source. Is this the right way to go?

Thanks!

Craig