RE: Group's quiet tonight...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Group's quiet tonight...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:32:59 +0100

Is it just me or is the actual picture quality of OnDigital absolute shite?

It just seems soft and squidgy - the only half-decent channels being the FTA BBC1/BBC2...

...I find it amusing when watching - say - Star Trek Next Gen on Sky One that when you get scene cuts that you still have shadowy "ghosts" of the actors from the previous scenes still visible. Watching the "blockies" on some of the movie channels is quite scary and is reminicent of some of the very first MPEG encoding I did seven years ago at my last company!

Is this the "better quality digital future" that I heard Chris Smith banging on about earlier this year ... it's scarey t think that it is!

Phil