Wide Area Wireless Lan ?

Have anyone got any experience of linking buildings using the
Luncent Orinoco or alike kit.

Been looking at the Omni 7db aerials but dont really want t
invest without knowing it will work.

Any offers / ideas ?

(... and yes we're out of DSL range)

Cheers,

Mark.  (ukha list lurker)
--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,