RE: Re: Wireless LAN?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: Wireless LAN?
  • From: Craig Callander <craig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:26:59 -0500

I picked up one of these last month:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/gate/default.asp

In CompUSA in the US for $99.00, they had stacks and stacks, maybe a
discontinued line??

I needed a HPNA (telephone) <-> Ethernet bridge (dont have Cat5 yet),
so
using existing telephone for 10Mb feed t  Audiotron. It also does
DHCP/firewall/NAT/Wireless/etc.

The pana device has a PCMCIA slot, that takes a pana Wireless Card, these
are $150 on Pana web site, I guess street price is lower. I cant comment on
the wireless capability yet, as I dont have cards, but I plan t  'borrow'
some non-pana cards t  try one day.