Re: RE: Converting Dry Contact t X10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: RE: Converting Dry Contact t X10
  • From: Daniel James <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:16:32 +0000

Well this is probably going t  sound mad but...

you could consider using a X10 Bedside timer - take the unit apart and use
the switch contacts on the top board for x10 transmission, building an
interface circuit using relays to open and close the contacts. This will
then send a pulsed X10 on or X10 off comand depending on which you have
wired your device upto.

Using an X10 trigger to Listen for that command is Homeseer and Volia you
have sent X10 commands from your PIR to Homeseer.

I have been looking at using a timer to do this from my doorbell to
homeseer. I have not sat down and designed the cirucits to do this yet, and
am only really considering it because I have a spare timer from the stuff I
brought in homebase.

The one disadvantage with the timer is it has low X10 signal strength, so
it will need to be very close to your pc, but you can of course experiment
with this before you take it t  bits.

Hope this is of interest

Regards

Daniel