RE: RE: GPS was response camera -

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: GPS was response camera -
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:33:16 +0100

Title: RE: [ukha_d] RE: GPS was response camera -
I was offered £450 for it and told the missus that there were three people at work after it (which there were) ... however it's so damn cute that I really didn't want t part with it and - well - for £450 it's worth hanging onto it as a spare. You'll find that I rarely sell kit on ... however I do frequently give kit away when I really do find I can't house it any more. I've just got rid of a stack of UWide SCSI hard discs!

As with the GPS receiver I didn't *ACTUALLY* tell Jo it was Ian's ... I just let her *THINK* it is. What I told her is that I have it t play with it ... and that we were going t pick up a different one (the Sony Streetmate) from Ian's this morning t compare the two. Ian was round last night when she came home and she just assumed he'd dropped it off. She asked me today whether it was borrowed from Ian and it just happened that at that moment (here's the hand of God) Edward managed to open a bottle of Coke in the back of Jo's new car and it fizzed out everywhere ... attention diverted t mopping up soggy child (I was driving) I managed to avoid answering the question.

Actually I was wondering yesterday how easy it would be to split apart the components of the VAIO and mount the screen in the sunvisor or in the dash somewhere (however on the dash the screen would be prone t being washed out by sunlight) which would mean that I could then have a truly integrated navigation system built into the car itself. (Also I could use it as a controller for an MP3 jukebox too!)

Phil