RE: Two Topics: Broadband in "the country" and Pronto Pro Remotes...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Two Topics: Broadband in "the country" and Pronto Pro Remotes...
  • From: Stuart Poulton <swp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:08:21 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Just t  say I've now been with Tele2 in Leicester, and have found all the
staff t  be most helpful when problems have occurred. In fact so much so
that I'm about t  upgrade my connection

Stuart

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Matt Kummell wrote:

> Cheers for that, Justin - just saw that it's available for my new
> Postcode - and it's not too expensive.  I'd been checking BT et al for
> ADSL with no luck - it looks like Tele2 will be getting by business!
>
> .and I'm looking forward t  checking out Peking Garden!
>
> Thanks t  Kevin and Mark, too!
>
> Matt

Pronto Pro
> Remotes...
>
> I'm about t  move from London to Pangbourne - leaving my well used
ADSL
> line. anyone have any ideas on what's available for broadband-ish
> connections?  There's no ntl cable support in Pangbourne. satellite
web
> surfing doesn't seem t  exist in the UK..  Is ISDN my only choice?
> Anyone know what the fasted ISDN line is?
>
> Also. anyone know when the Pronto Pro remote will be out?  I was in
> Singapore earlier this week figuring "if it's out anywhere, Asia
will be
> it!" - I didn't have much luck. but I might have another trip out
there
> coming up, is there a release date yet?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt

 Terms of Service.

 Terms of Service.

Stuart Poulton
Senior Computer Officer
Theoretical Astrophysics Group
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy		 	Tel. +44 (0)116 223-1016
University of Leicester				Fax. +44 (0)116 252-3311
Leicester, LE1 7RH				E-mail: swp@xxxxxxx
ENGLAND