-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:tivo@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 July 2001 10:17
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] RE: GPS was response camera -

        Phil,

        Let me know what you think of this I am tempted myself. One of the things which wasn't yet implemented in the product when it first came out was dynamic recalculations of a route from A t B. So if you went wrong or deviated from the route the software would not (automatically) adjust its route. This had a particular impact if you were using their internet based traffic information. It was not accounted for once the route was initially set up. If a holdup was later identified it still directed you straight into it. Don't think they envisaged mobile internet access.

        Kevin

        I really *AM* going t borrow a Sony Streetmate system from Ian today and
the idea is I'm just "looking" at them t see what they're like...

*grin*

Phil