Re: [OT] DHL - Vaty, Duty & ADMIN?

Mileage varies Mark.

I suspect they are on incredibly shaky ground legally, and know it.

In one case I got the "tough" response, when importing some CAT-5
bits.

That being said, same office, two months later, bringing a box of DVDs in,
argued the point, and the £10 handling charge was refunded in full.

Basically, you agree with the reseller that you will you bear the cost of
any "import charges". You have a legal obligation t  pay the Duty
and VAT.

The Handling charge falls int  neither category, and as *you* have no
contract with DHL, the charges are dubious to say the least.

It is *exactly* like me turning up at your door one morning and saying
"here's the magazine you have reserved down the newsagents. To make it
a bit
easier for you, I have brought it t  your house for you. That'll be a
tenner."

Possibly worth arguing the point.

Ian.