RE: Re: Noise on Philips digibox UHF output

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Noise on Philips digibox UHF output
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:33:35 +0100

> I have a Videosender+ which takes Composite Video and Audio and the
> transmitter and provides bot composite and RF at the
> receiver, thanks t  its
> own modulator. It also has an RF IR link so you can operate
> the kit from
> upstairs. Quality is perfectly acceptable for the bedroom.
> Obviously, it wouldn't be as good as a KAT5 but it wouldn't
> require any
> wiring.

(can't remember what the original thread was about so this may be
redundant^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H useless ;-> .....!)

I've got two of the videosender+'s - one transmitter in the living room,
receiver wired via SCART in the bedroom and receiver wired via RF in the
kitchen (dodgy old 14" portable with no other options!)

Picture and sound quality is acceptable in both, but NTSC DVDs are
transmitted in B&W, which works fine in B&W in the bedroom, but
fails to
sync at 60Hz in the kitchen so the kitchen is B&W and rolling.

Plus it means I finally have a use for the multi remotes I keep getting
with
toys! I'm using the DB940 remote in the bedroom so I can have DVD control
as
well as Sky and the bedroom tv, and the Sky remote in the kitchen :-)

HTH

Doogie