Re: Re: OT-ISP-Easynet-ADSL

I'd recommend heading to www.adslguide.org.uk and check the reviews and
read the message boards for the various providers. You'll notice that
both Nildram and Zen (who I'm with) have a presence on there, not sure
who else do. Clara, Nildram and Zen seem to be well-rated for USB at least.

I'm personally using Zen. They are dual-homed with UUNET (good) and
BT.NET (um, not quite so good but not as bad as you might think). The
order-to-install time was 5 working days (really!) and its been up 100%
since then according to MRTG. I am using the "USB" service but
for some
reason there is a Cisco 827 sitting where the green monster used to be,
no idea how that got there ;-)

Mick Furlong wrote:
> Thanks Patrick
>
> interesting that they advertise a 24/7 helpdesk in the
> information they publish.
>
> Is this a new install with teething problems or has the service been
bad for
> some time? Any other information about the type of problems you have
had would
> also be useful (if they are problems at the local BT exchange then I
am not
> too concerned as my existing link has been very reliable).
>
> Also do you have a feel for performance on downloads etc?
>
> Sorry for all the questions.
>
> Thanks
> Mick
>
>  patrickl@xxxxxxx said:
>

>>>the moment the only sensible priced offering seems to be
Easynet and

>>>was wondering if any of you lot had any experience with them or
any
>>>recommendations (or warnings) about other ADSL ISPs.
>>>

>>20% downtime in the last six weeks, all blamed on BT.
>>No 24/7 help desk; they refuse t  escalate technical problems
unless
>>you "reboot the router and tell us the error message".
It's got to