Re: OT: Mobile Phone Masts

> Mark Harrison wrote:
>
> That's nothing to do with the emissions.
>
> The problem that the Petroleum Regulations is dealing with is to do
> with handset batteries. If, as always seems t  be the case with my
> phone, the battery is slightly loose, then there is the potential for
> a spark. Sparks + petrol fumes = explosions.
>
> Now, t  be fair, this has never happened on a European forecourt, but
> that was the thinking.
>
> Mark Harrison
> Head of Systems, eKingfisher

The real problem is the metering in the pumps goes t  crap. I was
yacking on my phone while filling up (self serve here in NZ - and there
are no laws about phones on the forecourt) and the thing said it gave me
$20, but im sure it was less. At the time I had a TDMA phone (800 MHz) -
GSM are heaps worse at interfeering then TDMA are.

Still, I will be getting a CDMA phone next week/the one after..