RE: LCD Panels & t uch screen options

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: LCD Panels & t uch screen options
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:58:35 +0100

Check out http://www.zworld.com/op7100.html
and have a look at the OP7100=20
touchscreen controller.

Have used these at work and they are excellent. 'C' Programmable and
they=20
have RS232 and RS485 interfaces, touchscreen and graphics drivers in C.=20
Very quick t  build interfaces with.

I think the price in the UK is around the 400 quid +VAT mark.=20
www.impulse-corp.co.uk is the UK dealer. Speak t  Craig Wright their sales=
=20
guy and he will help you out with prices etc.

As for Phil, if you or anyone else is looking for a colour TFT display,
try=
=20
this link. I bought 2 for $120 each including shipping.
http://www.archcg.com
Go t  Products and select Manufacturer NEC and look in the table that=20
appears for the NL6448BC20-08 TFT Panel. 640x480 high brightness and a=20
current model. These are brand new and the picture quality is superb. I am=
=20
using mine t  build a digital dash for the V8.

Current price for these is around the 270 quid mark. You need an
inverter=20
for it which costs about 13 quid from www.sunrise.co.uk

They work with single board computers that have an LCD panel interface.
I=20
have used one with an AMD 586 processor and built a Windows CE kernel
for=20
it using the demo version of Platform Builder 3.0. Great little toy and
you=
=20
can get the touchscreens from various places and best of all, free=20
programming software from Microsoft t  programme in Visual C++ or Visual
Ba=
sic.

Regards
Dave...

At 22:11 14/07/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Cool...
>
>...320x240 is a bit low res though. 640x480 (ePod resolution) is
better.

>Phil

file are=
a,