Re: Re: LCD Panels & t uch screen options

Hi Patrick,

I bought my 586 board for 195 +VAT and this came with the LCD interface,
PCI NE2000 compatable network interface, 2 serial ports, diskonchip socket
(which I am planning on purchasing soon) and the usual hard disk, floppy
etc. Check out www.aaeon.com and check out the 456/E board. This is a half
size board. There are other units available for higher cost but I didn't
need all those features. Arcom Controls (www.arcomcontrols.com) have a
complete WinCE dev kit for 525 quid without LCD but with the WinCE already
installed. They have release a lower cost unit for about 400 quid, again no
LCD but the link I gave you last time will work with these.

You are right, it would make a great HA project. I am going to build a
second one for this purpose.

I had to build my own WinCE kernel image but with Platform Builder and the
standard CEPC platform this was fairly straight forward. You can even build
with Pocket Word, Excel and Internet Explorer and the network work well. I
do my debugging across the network. You can get Platform Builder on DVD for
about $14.95 from Microsoft and the interesting thing for home use is that
by setting the clock back on your PC it still works ???!!!

If you want more info, let me know.

Dave...