RE: Re: Homebase air/con

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Homebase air/con
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 22:54:18 +0100

Just out of interest I've had the Homebase split unit semi dismantled this
evening t  look and see if there is any likelyhood of remote controlling
these either through homevision or direct IR. There's a smal PCB in fromt
with sensor inputs for a couple of temperature sensors (room and cooling
coil) plus (I think) the level sensor for the water tank ... there are also
two multiway cables snaking t wards the rear of the unit which I haven't
followed yet.

Would be great if there was some way that we could either get an IR
receiver
board piggy backed in there somehow or an X10 receiver doing ON/OFF and
bright/dim t  increase/decrease the temperature...

Phil

believe
> they are
> > doing a split unit for £399.  Not quite as affordable as the
> Homebase offers
> > but possibly available.
> >
> > Steven

(model
> > RAE-007) has anyone else bought one of these and has a view on
it's
> > performance?
> >
> >     Thanks again for the help.
> >
> >     Steven