RE: [Development] Lighting update - meeting report

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Development] Lighting update - meeting report
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:49:12 +0100

> whats a 1.5 t&e?? Here T&E is trade and exchange - a free ad's
> classified newspaper so it must be something else.

Sorry its "twin and earth" cable the stuff you use to go to light
fittings,
its grey (usually) outer jacket with three wires a black and red insulated
solid core conductors with a uninsulated earth.

> Will There be any support for either a TW523 or similar powerline
> interface to make the dimmers respond to X-10?

I am not sure at this stage, we are trying t  produce something that is
much
better than x10, there is no real need t  have X10. I can see that we may
produce a x10<->TCP/IP gateway but not given that one much thought

> Will there be the ability to drive these from RS232 (a-la
> comm port on a
> linux box)

its will have TCP/IP so just plug it into a hub and away you go