RE: Big Brother house (on topic I promise) and electronic door locks

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Big Brother house (on topic I promise) and electronic door locks
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:51:29 +0100

I do not know if you remember the BBC's T morrows World program about
building a "smart house" presented by Carol Vordeman, they had
some lovely
locks in that building, the web site is
http://www.integerproject.co.uk/home1.html

I also recently read a magazine on this project and a few more recent
projects and one article mentioned these locks with programmable keys, I
could find the web site if required, they built some lovely economical
housing.

BTW one of you recently asked about sound proofing? there is also an
article
showing how they cut down on noise transmitting through a building, very
interesting, I can also find that if required? one tip I do remember is d
not have the skirting board touching the floorboards as this is a good
source of noise transmission.

HTH.

B.

however,