Re: Automating the split aircon unit

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Automating the split aircon unit
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:36:10 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@v...>
wrote:
> Basically they have a power input of 1060w which is basically 1
unit per
> hour ... I have one in the living room plus one in Edwards room so
that's
> where my 10p per hour comes from.

Ah OK. Not as bad as I thought then :)

I would love a second one for the living room but my priority has
been the master bedroom since that would get far more use so that is
where my single unit is to be installed. The living room unit would
likely only be used for these few weeks a year we get when it is too
hot whereas the bedroom unit is likely to be used all year.

After I think it was Keith mentioned that by opening doors he managed
to begin to cool other areas of the house local to the room where it
was I hope that the master bedroom one will cool parts of upstairs a
little more once it is properly installed.

My only gripe so far is the size of the unit. It is hard at my house
to hide the external unit, but that is not too big a problem. The
internal one would have been much nicer had it been a more
"slimline"
model with maybe a horizontal wall mount or something. Not so bad in
the bedroom but harder to hide and keep WAF in the living room. The
only place it would be out of the way is a space under the stairs
which would then make the external unit intrude too much onto the
driveway.

Since it seems UKHA has once again cleared the stocks, maybe we will
come across another unit as good.

Mark.