Re: IRC IRC IRC IRC IRC

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IRC IRC IRC IRC IRC
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:18:34 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2001 14:36 pm, you wrote:
> > --- In ukha_d@y..., Calum Morrell <calum@m...> wrote:
> > > Dear Group,
> > >    On the IRC front, I have now taken the liberty of
creating a
> > channel
> > > on a another system called nixhelp. It's a small friendly
> > environment
> > > with around 13 global servers, and the founder being a close
> > personal
> > > friend was only to  happy to allow me t  set this up.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Didn't see this until I had already setup the other thing. To
many
> > messages this weekend... oh well. :(
> >
> > Mark.
>
> Not trying to rain on your parade or anything guys :-) but there
already is
> an IRC channel, on EfNet. It's been up for over a year now, with n
takover
> problems or anything like that.

Personally I haven't been able to get onto Efnet for months since
their servers started dropping like flies. Also being on fixed IP at
home, the last few times I was on, I was quickly packet attacked off :
( Work has all Efnet addresses barred so it was not really an option
for me personally and went a long way to me becoming partner in a
network last year.

Last time I was on Efnet, I never did get on a server that was linked
long enough t  find #ukha either or if I did nobody was there so I
was not even sure the channel still existed.

But don't worry I will make sure I disassemble the #ukha setup.

Mark.