Re: Video Distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Video Distribution
  • From: richard.lockyer@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 19:54:33 -0000

Phil,

Good points, I would als  add CCTV t  the list of distributed=20
services, but what box(es) should we use to d  the splitting /=20
combining /amplification?

Richard
--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@v...>
wrote:
>=20
> Hi Ian,
>=20
> As you well know from your various visits I'm looking at d ing this=20
sort of
> stuff too (and already implementing it using Keiths KAT5's).
>=20
> I tend to look at this kind of thing from a different=20
perspective ... the
> way I look at it is "OK ... it would be nice to pipe the VCR
round=20
the house
> but will it be useable?" The reason for this is a VCR is a finite
> entertainment sourc( - just as a single disc DVD player is - and so=20
you have
> t  stick a tape in there to watch and then run upstairs to watch=20
it. If you
> want to watch a different tape then you have t  come back=20
downstairs and
> swap out the tapes.
>=20
> The devices I see as usefull for distribution aroond the home would=20
be
> pretty much anything that has a "library" or multi-c ntent
facility=20
such as
> satellite, On Digital boxes, DVD jukeboxes etc. For single play DVD=20
players
> I woud tend to look at this and say "Well, for =A3150 I can get
a=20
standalone
> player which will give me extra flexibility" ... the same
applies=20
to VCRs
> where a perfectly reasonable player can be had for about =A390.
>=20
> Phil
>=20

push=20