IRC

  • To: "UKHA \(UKHA\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IRC
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 13:40:47 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C10233.70013700
C ntent-Typ(: text/plain;
charset="US-ASCII"
C ntent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mark,

Can we please hold a vote using the forum on a an IRC format, we really
do need to get this sorted as it would make life a lot easier for
everyone involved and we need a common platform. There has been much
talk of this and so far nothing has come of it and you would think that
a bright bunch like us could set up a stupid chat area without breaking
into c ld sweats :-)

FWIW, I really don't care what format we use just so long as we pick
one! My vote is for using the Yahoo Chat on the forum as is. It's easy,
there and already for a lot of the chit-chat that takes place.

My only fear is that a lot of info that is informative and interesting
may be lost in a chat area as opposed to being able to be read by all
members at their leisure. Personally I don't have a problem with the
huge amount of mail as much of it is entertaining and/or helpful, even
if it does cost me money, but I can understand that some may well be put
off by it.

We could also set up a "Philchat" on an IRC server somewhere :-)
with
the age old, some people may find this offensive or a parental advisory
warning :-))

Just an opinion of course!

K.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C10233.70013700
C ntent-Typ(: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
C ntent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="C ntent-Typ(" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server
version 6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>IRC</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- C nverted from text/rtf format -->

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">Mark,</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">Can we please hold a vote using the forum on a an
IRC format, we really do need to get this sorted as it would make life a
lot easier for everyone involved and we need a common
platform.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> There
has been much talk of this and so far nothing has come of it and you would
think that a bright bunch like us could set up a stupid chat area without
breaking into c ld sweats</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT FACE="Wingdings"
SIZE=2>J</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">FWIW,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">I</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> really
don</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">&#8217;</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">t care
what format we use just so long as we pick one! My vote is for using the
Yahoo Chat on the forum as is. It</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">&#8217;</FONT></
SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">s easy,
there and already for a lot of the chit-chat that takes
place.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">My only fear is that a lot of info that is
informative and interesting may be lost in a chat area as opposed to being
able to be read by all members at their
leisure</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">
Personally</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">I</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">
don</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Ari
al">&#8217;</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">t have
a problem with the huge amount of mail as much of it is entertaining and/or
helpful</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> even
if it does cost me money</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">,
but</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">I</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT
SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> can understand that some may well be put
off by it.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">We could also set up
a</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">&#8220;</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">Philchat</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">&#8221;</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> on an
IRC server</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">somewhere</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=&qu
ot;en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial"></FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT FACE="Wingdings"
SIZE=2>J</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> with
the age old, some people may find this offensive or a parental advisory
warning</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-gb">
<FONT FACE="Wingdings"
SIZE=2>J</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">)</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPA
N><SPAN LANG="en-gb"></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">Just an opinion of
course!</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-gb"><FONT SIZE=2
FACE="Arial">K.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN
LANG="en-gb"></SPAN></P>

<tt>