RE: X-10 on eBay and our prices.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: X-10 on eBay and our prices.
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 00:57:44 +0100

Hi all,

I have only be "doing" HA for a short while but in that time I
have found Li
t  be very helpful beyond the call of duty, now call me old fashioned but I
always try and spend my hard earned cash in this country to keep us all
employed, but when you add the helpfulness of Li and his lady wife then the
kit is even more worth the money.

Li is not there for his good health he is there t  earn a living t  be able
t  buy an Island to retire too! (so he tells me...)

I never buy kit from anyone who is ignorant, I have t  like them first, not
always an economical way t  shop but I like decent honest people and there
are certainly a lot of them subscribing t  this site.

Talking of costs of things, have any of you ever bought an exhaust system
for a Cessna C172 light aircraft?....... no wonder flying is so expensive
in
this country, blame the CAA (Campaign Against Aviation), sorry CAA, they
actually d  a great job of ensuring flying in this country is SAFE despite
what the press will have us think (sorry I digress....).

Just my little rant.

Be good,

B.

Kong/China,
> for a single UK appliance or lamp module is over £10 if purchased in
> quantities of many thousands. This price doesn't include additional
costs
> that have t  be added such as transport, import duties, insurance,
> packaging, etc. I don't know which high-margin UK retail business you
have
> been involved in but even companies the size of Homebase will not be
able
> t  avoid making a loss on the current price they are selling their
X-10