RE: Fw: [ACE] ACE-ePod READY!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Fw: [ACE] ACE-ePod READY!
  • From: "Dan Hoehnen" <dhoehnen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:03:05 -0500

Ian,

I just realized that the subject was about my release of ACE-ePod, not the
entire ACE product.  ACE-ePod is a version of the ACE Client that runs on
an
ePod.  It is a very basic version right now.  It displays 15 buttons, each
of which can be configured to send any command to the ACE Server.
Basically, I can send a command to ACE, or my HomeVision or my Comfort
units
from my wireless ePod.  And, status info can be sent back to the ACE-ePod
client so buttons can display security system status, temperature info,
whatever.

ACE-ePod requires ACE Server.  But, you could write your own server program
if you want.  All of the ACE network commands and message formats are fully
documented.

ACE-ePod will ported to the iPaq soon too.  I guess I'll need to change the
name then.

Dan