Re: UPVC Doors and magnetic Contacts?

Title: UPVC Doors and magnetic Contacts?
If the door is not installed yet you could try and hide a magnet in the leading edge profile of the door and a reed switch in the frame (it will work through the uPVC no problem) however I would recommend on finding a concealed route for the cable in the frame profile and fish it out at the frame, at the contact location - then fit a surface contact on the surface! - White surface contacts look fine on the top of a white uPVC door!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 2:06 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] UPVC Doors and magnetic Contacts?

I know this has probably been covered before, but I can't find an answer to my question in the archives -

Has anyone had any success installing flush magnetic reed switches into 'Rehau' profile uPVC doors and frames - this type http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?6802 not the surface mount type.  Can it be done successfully?  The doors and frames are currently not installed.

Don't want to make a mess of my new doors.

Thanks,

Steve

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
.com