Re: Comfort and Telephones

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Comfort and Telephones
  • From: chiu@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:07:30 -0000

You can connect Comfort to a telephone system in two ways:
1 - Incoming telephone line into Comfort, then from Comfort into the
phone system
2 - Comfort connected to one of the extensions

With the first option, Comfort has priority when making an outgoing
call as it can grab the line from the rest of the telephones. When
the door station rings the phones, all the extension telephones can
ring (if so programmed). To access Comfort from any telephone
extension, you have to select the CO line (or press 9 or 0) then
press * code and #. One disadvantage is the answering machine will
work only on one of the incoming lines (which Comfort is connected to)
You have to set the PABX option in Engineer Menu 7,2 (or in CSXpress)

With the 2nd option, Comfort can be connected to an analog extension
which most telephone systems can provide. Comfort can answer all
incoming calls from all the CO lines and take messags. For Door
station it will ring only the phone connected to its own TEL out and
not all the extensions. It is also less secure in case of an alarm if
all the telephone lines are used - there may not be a line to call
out.

Hope this helps

chiu