RE: Whole House Audio

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Whole House Audio
  • From: Clive Dilley <clive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:46:18 -0000

I currently use a speaker distribution device from Maplin (about 20 quid)
that allows up to 5 speaker-pairs to be switched on-off independently. I
also use in-wall mounted volumes controllers from Radio Shack (acquired in
the US) - cost around 20 quid each. These work  quite well except that I
have to manually operate the Maplin box from the HA cupboard as it cannot
be controlled via IR.

Radio Shack (US) also sell in-wall mounted speaker selection boxes that
could be placed in each room.

If you want the parts numbers of either - let me know

Clive
--------

its a little rough but you can use a 12v relay with plug pack plugged in to
an appliance module, when the power is cut to the relay it breaks the line
to the speaker, stopping the music in that room.