RE: VB6 & DCOM

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: VB6 & DCOM
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:51:48 +0100

I was just starting to 'tinker' with it.. I assumed that I could use

Set myobject =
CreateObject("TheServerTheAppIsOn","xyz.class")

but get (error 463) Class not registered on local machine. So, does this
mean that I can run a little util to register the class or do I have to
install the app on the local machine too - not to run it but to register
the class... if you get my drift

[ You'll need to assume that I didn't write the server and have no access
to the code for it - i.e. I just want to attach to it and get info/give it
out]

A.

"Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
06/02/2001 15:48