RE: DIY TIVO?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DIY TIVO?
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:18:38 -0000

Exactly what I'm planning to do with this new machine that I'm building ...
was going to use an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro card though as it's hald the
price and I don't need the 3D acceleration of the Radeon processor.

Current spec which is being priced up by my man-who-can is thus:

Motherboard:

Gigabyte GA-7ZXR

Processor:

AMD Athlon, 1Ghz,
CPU Fan to suit.

Memory:

2 x 128Mb PC133 168pin DIMM.

Storage:

2 x IBM IDE GXP 76Gb 7,200rpm (used as an IDE striped array).

Graphics Card:

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro.

Not sure what software I'll be running though as it would be nice to be
able
to just download the TV lstings and point and click to select what you want
to record. Not sure how feasible that is though. Suppeosedly the TV Guide
software supplied with the ATI only works in the US and doesn't support the
UK.

Phil

Video-out,