RE: Kicked Off PlusNet NOW!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Kicked Off PlusNet NOW!!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:16:08 -0000

Hi Mark,

Was it the 24+7 offering that they are kicking you and Steve off.

If so, a call to trading standards may be in order

<CUT AND PASTE>
Unlimited Calls To The Internet
With the Surf range of options, you need worry no longer about your phone
bill
Paying one monthly subscription and a fixed access fee means that the days
of hurriedly using the Internet are over. Now you have the chance to surf
the Web for as long as you like, without one eye on the ticking clock.
</CUT AND PASTE>

They specifically say "surf the Web for as long as you like"
which is
obviously not what they WANT  you to do.

What they want is for YOU to sign up for ADSL
What you really want is to sign up for ADSL
What all the people being kicked off have in common is that they CANT sign
up for ADSL because the roll out hasnt reached them yet or may not ever
reach them.

I just have evening and weekend Surftime at the moment. The only time I
dont
have access is 0800-1800 Mon-Fri but then I am not here to use it anyway.
Having said that I would love 24/7 but until ADSL or cable gets to me I
will
have to wait.

One of the guys in my office is having a cable modem installed tomorrow.
512K 20UKP per month.

Keith