RE: Re: Response Cameras

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Response Cameras
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:32:51 +0100

Ok got this working...the point is this can be done just by cutting off the
scart socket which means you can return the cam kit to its original state
by
soldering the socket back on. It also means you can use the wallwart power
supply without modification. These instructions are for the cams with 15v
supply and the tail scart connectors not the hardwired scarts.

Details are as follows....

Undo the scart headshell and snip all the wires from the pins (save the
scart in case you want to revert).
Connect together white (scart 17) and brown(scart 4)from the RJ11 cord and
black (scart 17) from the power cord(Ground).
Connect together blue (scart 8) and green from the RJ11 cord and red from
the power cord (Power).
Connect yellow (scart 20) from the RJ11 cord to centre pin of the first
phono plug for composite video.
Connect red (scart 2/6) from the RJ11 cord to centre pin of the second
phono
plug for audio.
Connect the screen/outer shell of both the phonos to the Ground connection.

I used a cheapo AV lead (phono to phono) cut in two to provide the
connections for the phono end.

All my connections were made on a krone strip but just about any method
could be used.

The usual disclaimers apply if you blow yourself, your kit or your camera
up
it is your problem ;)

Mick